Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tuesday July 13 - Day 2

Day 2's agenda was swimming.  Getting there was a logistical nightmare - the first place I tried to go was at a local community pool.  Unfortunately, with a gorgeous day, the park was overrun and I couldn't park anywhere near the pool.  Then we tried to go together with the baby to another community pool, but there was no lap swim at all (usually there is 1-2 lanes during family swim at the pool we usually go to) because that pool had a diving board and a water slide.  So back home we came and we alternated going back to the first pool.  By that time it was later at night, so there was more parking.  Whew!

I swam 16-18 lengths, so 400-450 yards.  That's at least double the 200 yards I was planning to swim (see Monday's post on easing into things :)), but then, I swam a lot in high school and so while out of shape, at least have decent technique.  I think swimming will be the "easy" leg for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment