Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Changes Already

I am changing my mind about the event I'm going to enter.  With heading back to work after maternity leave, finishing my grad degree and planning a week or so long vacation this summer, I'm looking for a triathlon that's closer to home.  I've found two possibilities.  The first one is a flat course, with a 1/4 mile swim, 14 mile bike ride and 3.1 mile run.  The biking is a little further than I had wanted, but the event is also a little later so I have more time to train.  The other one is a true try-a-tri with a 1/4 mile swim, 9 mile bike ride and 1.6 mile run.  I might drive out to check out the course this weekend to see if it's flat or not.  Part of me feels whimpy for doing such a short course.  The other part of me says baby, work, school, it's still a huge accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment