Saturday, January 23, 2010

Training Plans

While in Portland last week, I bought a book on training for Triathlons, geared to beginners.  While I haven't read it yet, I've already started doing some exercise to get back into shape.  I have just under six months to train so I have plenty of time to work up to this.

My initial plan is simple - exercise at least four times a week.  Deceptively simple in a month when I return to work, have a five month old and take three graduate classes, but a critical part of being able to successfully complete a triathlon.  I'm making January and February a high priority for exercise since it should certainly be easier now than it will be once I go back to work.

I am going to focus on running first for a few very simple reasons - 1) I can run with the baby, 2) I don't have a convenient place to swim, 3) I don't like biking in the rain and 4) it's a very easy way to get fitter quickly.  Then soon, on the weekends, my husband and I can switch off with the baby so I can fit in some biking and swimming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment